Here is the before
And here is the after
The knobs are killing me
I love them so much!
I have 11 cabinets and drawer sets done, with 12 more to go. I thought I was 2/3 done so this count for you has depressed me a bit. But just getting the knobs on the door really lightened the load last night. It's exactly what I wanted. After the other 12 cabinets I need to paint the walls, still not sure of colors. I'll show some samples and color names tomorrow. Everything else is getting done by a tile contractor.
So here are my tips:
1. Wash down cabinets with tsp and then rinse with warm soapy water
2. Don't bother sanding
3. Use a good cover primer, I would do 2 to 3 coats of primer, it covers better and dries quicker.
4. Use oil paint in plain white. Mine is from kwal paint and the quality is excellent. It's similar to sherwin williams or benjamin moore in quality. The oil paint takes around 12 hours so once you've done one coat your done for the day, but it really dries into a hard working finish and is worth all the trouble
5. I use a brush to get alot of paint on but then roll it with a mini roller, for the smooth coverage. I buy lots of rollers in a pack and throw them away, there only about 8 bucks for 12 and much easier then cleaning oil paint.
6. Do sections at a time, that way you don't have to try to figure out what goes where, it's much easier that way.
Once I get the wall paint up I will show bigger pictures and samples of wall paint tomorrow.
tatertots and jello
under the table and dreaming