The good news is that I did remember. The stain is very orangey and the wood is laminate. So I knew I would need to prime it first. I used valspar multipurpose primer and a small roller and went to town. It took 3 coats to cover up that nasty orangeyness.
I think it turned out beautifully. The hardware actually came with it. I'm not sure I'm going to use them yet. I'm hoping to find some cute glass knobs, but if I can't find what I want I think these work pretty good. The color is valspar/ laura ashley in silver and the finish is satin. It took two coats of the paint. I haven't done a top coat yet and I 'm not sure I will. My only hint is that since I painted the top I gave it 2 or 3 days of drying time before I placed anything on it. I am redecorating my master bedroom and will be doing a reveal in a few weeks. Next I will be painting my bathroom cabinets.
linking to tatertots and jello